Thursday 13 December 2012

WRITING THROUGH GAME!!!

Experiencing the Haiti Earthquake
We were asked by the lecturer to play a game. To be  honest I am not  kind of person who likes to play game but since this was part of the assignments then I sincerely play the game, besides it was because that we have been told that this game was based on the real situation that happened. So the game is about how will the three different roles which are the survival, journalist and aid worker  will contribute help toward all the Haitians. Thus among the three roles I’ve been selected to take the aid worker’s role because I imagine that if things like that happen to me, I’ll need aid workers the most since they can help victims like in medication. They will be the person that the victims in contact the most.
 After I finished my mission being an aid worker there, I suddenly felt some kind of feeling which is grateful. I am really grateful that at least until now there is no such disaster happens in my country. I don’t have to risk my own life scavenging in the rubble for food or items to sell or consuming polluted water as the Haitians experiencing after the earthquake. Which touch my heart the most is the part where there are babies or infants that able to smile during that time. I’m thinking that how pitiful these innocent babies have to go through such situation in their early age. Through this game also wide opening my eyes who loves to complain all around about the food that we eat, the place where we lived and so on compared to them our situation is better. From this game also taught me that in everything we do, we should always refer to the expert to that particular matter so that we won’t make mistakes that will not only harm ourselves but also the people around us.
For my own opinion, teaching students to write using this game is quite interesting since most of the children nowadays like to play games. Besides, through this game there will develop other skill that comes in a package such as critical, creative thinking and be able to consider once feeling before taking any decision since any roles that you choose, you need to THINK before you take any action because all the decision we made will affect the victims. For example the situation where you are exhausted then you are given choices whether to rest awhile  or to proceed since there are many victims were waiting and needed help. This game will enhance our problem-solving skill, though.  In future, I might be using this game to teach writing (if I being posted not in rural area then possible).From the game, I’ll asked them to write a speech as they will be interview to share their experiences in order to help the Haitians based on their chosen role. Secondly, they are needed to create one more character that they feel appropriate to help the Haitians, they should write the reason why did they choose that character and what way the character will help the victims? They surely will come out with different  characters that I never think of before.



No comments:

Post a Comment