Monday 18 November 2013

Creating a DLLM Interface

        Today’s task is also related to Digital Language Learning Materials (DLLM) where we are needed to sketch out a DLLM interface and include the explanations about our DLLM by referring to the informations that we already read. When I started doing this task with other members, I (we) a bit confused whether the material or the activity that we should focused on? Because by the reading the instruction, our understanding is we are required to create an activity that will involves digital materials. After attending the tutorial class yesterday, I (we) actually realize where the misconception begins in our group. At first, I thought DLLM is any materials that related to the technology such as the laptop, camera, blog, twitter and so on. Thus, after the class and self “research”, I finally understand. Learning materials are something that teachers or educators use to facilitate the learning, for example: the textbook while learning tools are something that used to facilitate the learning materials. After a while thinking miserablely, I kind of relate it back when I was writing my lab report back then (if I don’t lost my way ), materials are all the chemicals that we used to conduct the experiment, while tools or apparatus is the tools that being used to handle the materials. For example: the beaker, test tube, tripod stand and so on. Therefore, I conclude that tools are catering the materials so that it would be more appropriate to fit the students need. In our case, our learning material is our activity and the tool that we used to facilitate the learning process is the blog because through the blog learners can communicate not only within their peers but also with the teachers.  Now, everything seems clear and I can see how important to detect or diagnose students problems because when we know what is the problems are then we know what to teach, what to correct and there will be a communication and negotiation of meaning will happen which is good in the language learning process as claimed by the SLA researchers, just as what happened yesterday. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment