Monday 18 November 2013

Digital Language Learning Material

        Class today will be e-fied. We have to watch and answer the questions in the prezi based the nokelain’s article. For me, to integrate technology in the classroom has black and white side. Using technology in classroom is better since it will prevent boredom to the teacher as well as to the students, besides, it will saves time because traditional teaching will be about copying the notes on the whiteboard so it’s quite wasting time. Thus, using digital language learning materials quite fundamental.

        In my opinion, integrating technology in teaching and learning process should be done carefully and with consideration. Yes, digital materials contribute many advantages not only to the students but to the teachers as well because compared to the traditional approaches that have been used back then as I mentioned earlier, it is not only cause boredom, but also demotivate  the teacher and students because same things to be repeated everyday. What I meant about should be done carefully is that how far can the digital materials can facilitate and will be able to enhance student performances in academic and not destroying their future, instead. Based on my experience, to integrate technology in learning need high self-control and a clear purpose and goal in what you are doing. For example, university life is full with integrating technology in learning such as using blog, tumblr and the most common one is Facebook. Everytime I start to online with the intention to search for information for my assignment, I will always get distracted to log in to my FB. What happen is that, where there is an interesting discussion with my friends (non-academic one), I’ll start to comments over and over again until I forgot and finally neglecting my assignment. When I’m done with my commenting, I am tired and demotivated to do what I am supposed to do which result to procrastination. That is why self-determination is very fundamental. But, when we are intrinsicly motivated to complete our assignments, it feel like there is a force inside that create a feeling that I should complete this!  Therefore,   self –control is very important! After all, it depends on the students itself. If you know what you want in your life then technology is small matter and you won’t get distract easily. Thus, to have a goal  in life is very helping as the goal(s) will keep you are always in track towards your desire. Regarding the technology thingy, not to be “pampered” by all those technology, remember not all school will provide a facilities regarding the implementing the technology. How about the rural area that even electricity is not available??? I think that we shouldn’t abandon the traditional teaching also because this will harm the rural students. Materials might available such as the laptops but is they any used of the computer without any electric sources??? Or the smartphone without any coverage?  Therefore, teacher should always come with a plan b!

No comments:

Post a Comment